Saturday, February 25, 2012

Healthy Sandwich

Let's try to eat healthy so that we could minimize the contents of sugar and fat in our bodies. Today I made myself what I consider a healthy sandwich for breakfast.  Healthy doesn't mean TAK SEDAP.  Healthy doesn't also mean you don't eat PEMBERIAN & NIKMAT ALLAH.  Remember, too much of anything is not good for us. Let me quote and example, asparthame is supposed to be good for us because it helps us to reduce the consumption of sugar; but on the other hand, too much of asparthame can cause CANCER. I read that somewhere on internet and the newspaper many years ago.  So what we need to do is be MODERATE in everything we do - so that we could make the most of God's nature and live a great life.  Back to my breakfast today...two days ago, I discovered a new product line by Gardenia which they named the "Sommerset Cottage".  I picked the wholemeal multi grain & seeds.  There's a little crunch when you bite into the bread...errr... why am I promoting Gardenia here? Hmmm.... Sorry, I'm a little distracted.  Anyway, I prepared myself quite a lean sandwich, I'm not so sure how much in calories they total up to, but I'd say they're healthy sandwiches.  Here's the simple recipe for the simple very filling sandwich:



Healthy Sandwich





Ingredients
4     slices of Gardenia wholemeal multi grain & seeds bread
2     large leaves of butter head lettuce
Shredded  steamed chicken (as much as you like)
Margarine for spread (I spread on only one side of the sandwich)

Preparation method
1.     Spread one side of your sandwich with margarine
2.     Arrange shredded chicken & caramelized onion
3.     Top with butter head lettuce
4.     Sandwich them with the two remaining sliced of bread.

Voila! Done!  Enjoy your "healthy" sandwich.  Will be back later with other recipes.  Have a great weekend, my friends...


No comments:

Post a Comment