Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Healthy Drink for the Diabetics

Assalamu'alaikum my dear friends. Again, I seem to be neglecting my blog due to busy-ness. Not that I don't have the time to write, but when the free time comes my only desire is to rest.  Yes, rest is something I'm deprived of lately.  Anyway, this particular recipe I'm posting in a while is something I want to share with those who are concerned about their health, particularly the blood sugar.

This healthy recipe has successfully reduced my blood sugar upon consumption.  Well, it works for me but I can't guarantee that it will also work for you.  So by all means, give it a try and check your blood sugar after a few times taking the drink. If your blood sugar reading reduces, maybe you can take the drink on a consistent basis. The ingredients to prepare the drink are easy to find and not too expensive. Let's have a look at the ingredients and how to make the drink. 

Owh, before I completely forget, take the drink twice a day; once in the morning and night time, before you go to bed.  Please do not keep the drink for more than 18 hours as they will not be as fresh as it should be.  I must say, when I first heard of the green apple curry leaf drink, I wasn't too keen to drink it, but because I am always up to trying new things, I drank it when my mom prepared it for dad and I like it. Do give it a try, but if you don't like it after trying, then you can always go for other healthy drinks. One thing for sure it is not bitter and it definitely does not taste like "curry" :-)







Ingredients
2       green apples (medium size)
10     stems of curry leaves (only the leaves)
1/2    cup of cold water (air masak, ya)


Preparation method
1.     Core the apples, cut into small pieces
2.     Put apples, curry leaves and water into a blend, blend well
3.     Strain the blended drink twice, squeezing all the juice out
4.     Best consumed rightaway, or store in a covered container.
5.     Only good for the day it is processed.



No comments:

Post a Comment