Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Sapphire Meringue Lemon Pie

I love this lemon pie and it's to make and I would love to share its recipe my readers.  It's sweet, tard, chocolatey bitter and salty in a balanced way. It's made in individual mould so that it's not too much or too little for one to enjoy it. I sell this pie to those who wants to buy them and so far I have had positive comments from my buyers.  Probably because they've the sweet tooth for lemon pies. I wish not to extend further time with my never ending story on the trial I made on creating the recipe for this pie, so here is the recipe, and I call it Sapphire Meringue Lemon Pie.


Sapphire Meringue Lemon Pie


Snow White with drizzle of chocolate chips

A yummy custard in the center, soft meringue on top and nice crust

A close look on the inside

Another batch in different paper cups



Ingredients (makes 10 pies)

The Custard
1     can of sweetened and condensed milk
3     egg yolks
1/2  cup lemon juice

The Crust
1     pack Oreo cookies, (14 pairs in each pack) crushed
4     tablespoon melted butter, mixed with the crushed Oreo

The Meringue for Topping
3     egg whites
1/4  teaspoon cream of tartar
1/4  cup fine granulated sugar/castor

Other items
Muffin baking tin
Paper cups


Baking method
1.     Pour in sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and egg yolks into your mixing bowl and mix well.

2.     While the custard is mixing, prepare your pie crust. Press the crushed Oreo cookies which have been mixed with melted butter into paper cups.  Please refer to photo.




3.     When your custard is ready, pour into each cup, but to about 80% full only, allowing space for topping later.







4.     Place your baking tin into your preheated oven at 180C  for about 20 mins, until the center of the custard is quite firm when you shake your baking tin.



5.     When the pie is baked, let cool.  While cooling the pie you can make the meringue.  Beat egg whites with cream of tartar at a high speed until soft peaks form, then add 1/4 cup of sugar and beat again at high speed until stiff peaks form, and it's ready to use for topping.

6.     Spread the meringue on top of your cooled custard and decorate as you wish.


Happy baking my friends...I must say this is one of my favorite sweet treat...ever made by me. I hope you'll like it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment