Friday, May 18, 2012

Bruschetta 1

I had a chicken tomato bruschetta for breakfast today.  It is a simple item which I had planned since last night.  So as I arrived home after gym, I prepared the chicken filling ahead of time.  Upon request, I'm putting this simple simple recipe as an entry for you who'd like to make these yourselves.  However I'm not giving specific measurement as this is truly up to your preference on its taste.

I will try to post other filling recipe for bruschetta, but for now this is what I have.


Chicken Bruschetta





The Filling:
*  Please take note these are only approximate measurement for guidance. Please tailor to your own taste.

Ingredients
2     pieces of stored bought fried chicken (I bought Giant's -they're not bad and quite cheap too), shredded and diced
1     tomato (buang tengahnya dan potong dadu)
1     tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1     tbsp Sunquick orange juice (or any concentrated juice yang masam) OR lemon juice OR lime juice
salt & pepper


Method:

1.     Mix extra virgin olive oil, salt, peper, Sunquick concentrate (or lemon/lime juice) in a bowl and add in the diced chicken and tomato. Mix well and refrigerate over night.



The Toast

Ingredients:
1     loaf of the long French baguette (roti Perancis), cut at a bias (potong serong)
extra virgin olive oil
dried herbs - oregano/thyme/rosemary

Method:

1.     Preheat your oven at 180 C
2.     Brush the French baguette with olive oil
3,     Spread chicken filling on the bread
4.     Sprinkle dried herbs on top
5.     Drizzle a little olive oil on the filling to keep it moist
6.     Bake for 5-7 minutes and serve.

It's a very simple recipe that anyone can make them unless you're LAZY  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment